I've written for various publications over the course of the past thirty years. Periodically I'll post some of my older writings here:
- Here's an article I wrote back in April 1992 about the addictive power of Tetris.
- I wasn't a believer in laptop computers until 1994 - this is what changed my mind.
- Near the end of 1994, I speculated about the potential for a low cost UNIX computer.
- In 2001 I reviewed the first phone to be marketed as a smartphone.
- I reviewed Writely, a word processor that ran in the browser in early March 2006, shortly before Google acquired both it and the company that had developed it!
- In July 2006, I wrote about a year-long experiment that I had been running, doing all my note-taking and other writing in one text file.
- With the UK Home Secretary seeking to give the intelligence agencies access to people's web browsing histories, I'm reprinting a blog posting from August 2006 about how individuals can be identified through their web searches.
- In May 2008 I wrote this rant about the Blackberry.